Last Updated: 6/3/2022
- providing you with a more personalized service,
- safeguarding against spam and malware,
- analyzing trends, traffic, and user behavior,
- administering the website,
- tracking web and advertising analytics throughout the Site and its affiliate websites,
- remembering your preferences and voluntarily-submitted information,
- performing location-related functionalities and analytics,
Cookies fall into the subcategories below.
Essential Cookies. Certain cookies are used for specific purposes that are essential to your secure use and navigation of the Site. Without them, Company may not be able to provide core Site functions and features to you, and the Site would not operate as well as you or Company would like. These cookies collect and use information such as your server preferences, single-session data and corresponding identifier, web beacons and log files (detailed below), and other credential-related information. For EU individuals, essential cookies also help inform Company whether you require, or have already been served, an affirmative consent request in connection with the GDPR. Essential cookies include analytics cookies, which provide us data that allows Company to better understand its users and improve the Site based on what we have learned from that data.
Preference Cookies. Other cookies are used to collect and process information about your preferences and similar choices in connection with the Site in order to optimize your browsing experience (e.g., various local preference settings; which geographically-customized version of the Site and related content you may prefer). If you access the Site through a mobile application, you may have preference cookies).
A “Web Beacon” is an object that is embedded in a web page or email that is usually invisible to the user and allows website operators to check whether a user has viewed a particular web page or an email. Company may use Web Beacons on the Site and in emails to count users who have visited particular pages, viewed emails and to deliver co-branded services. Web Beacons are not used to access user information. They are a technique Company may use to compile aggregated statistics about Site usage. Web Beacons collect only a limited set of information, including a Web Cookie number, time and date of a page or email view and a description of the page or email on which the Web Beacon resides. You may not decline Web Beacons. However, they can be rendered ineffective by declining all Web Cookies or modifying your browser setting to notify you each time a Web Cookie is tendered, permitting you to accept or decline Web Cookies on an individual basis.
The Site’s web and ad servers log information about a user’s IP address, browser type and the current URL the user is requesting. This information is always provided by a user’s browser and automatically logged by most websites. These log files are stored in a secure location and used in our internal analysis of traffic patterns within our website.
We may use third-party vendors, including Google, who use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimize and serve ads based on your past activity on the Site, including Google Analytics for Display Advertising. The information collected may be used to, among other things, analyze and track data, determine the popularity of certain content and better understand online activity. If you do not want any information to be collected and used by Google Analytics, you can install an opt-out in your web browser (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/) and/or opt out from Google Analytics for Display Advertising or the Google Display Network by using Google’s Ads Settings (www.google.com/settings/ads).
Aggregated and Non-Personally-Identifying Information
We may share aggregated and Non-Personally Identifying Information we collect under any of the above circumstances. We may also share it with third parties and our affiliate companies to develop and deliver targeted advertising on the Site and on websites of third parties. We may combine Non-Personally Identifying Information we collect with additional Non-Personally Identifying Information collected from other sources. We also may share aggregated information with third parties, including advisors, advertisers and investors, for the purpose of conducting general business analysis. For example, we may tell our advertisers the number of visitors to the Site and the most popular features or services accessed. This information does not contain any user information and may be used to develop website content and services that we hope you and other users will find of interest and to target content and advertising.
Mobile Device Additional Terms
- Mobile Device. If you use a mobile device to access the Site or download any of our applications, we may collect device information (such as your mobile device ID, model and manufacturer), operating system, version information and IP address.
- Geo-Location Information. Unless we have received your prior consent, we do not access or track any location-based information from your mobile device at any time while downloading or using our mobile application or our services, except that it may be possible for Company to determine from an IP address the geographic location of your point of connectivity, in which case we may gather and use such general location data.
- Push Notifications. We send you push notifications if you choose to receive them, letting you know when someone has sent you a message or for other service-related matters. If you wish to opt-out from receiving these types of communications, you may turn them off in your device’s settings.
- Mobile Analytics. We use mobile analytics software to allow us to better understand the functionality of our mobile software on your phone. This software may record information, such as how often you use the application, the events that occur within the application, aggregated usage, performance data and where the application was downloaded from. We do not link the information we store within the analytics software to any user information you submit within the mobile application.
We may use hyperlinks on the Site which will redirect you to a social network if you click on the respective link. However, when you click on a social plug-in, such as Facebook’s “Like” button, Twitter’s “tweet” button or the Google+, that particular social network’s plugin will be activated and your browser will directly connect to that provider’s servers. If you do not use these buttons, none of your data will be sent to the respective social network’s plugin provider. So for example, when you click on the Facebook’s “Like” button on the Site, Facebook will receive your IP address, the browser version and screen resolution, and the operating system of the device you have used to access the Site. Settings regarding privacy protection can be found on the websites of these social networks and are not within our control.
Opting Out of Cookie Use
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but generally allow users to modify their browser settings to display a warning before accepting a cookie, to accept cookies only from certain websites, and/or to refuse all cookies. To decline cookies in Chrome, please click [HERE]. We encourage you to consider keeping your cookies enabled, as if you choose to disable the receipt of cookies from our Site, you may not be able to use or benefit from certain features of the Site, particularly the features that are designed to personalize your experience. If you would like to manage your cookie preferences or learn more information about this practice and your right to decline (or opt-out of) cookies placed by some or all of these companies, please click [HERE].